I can't remember what brought on the ice cream bet. I'm guessing it was a shot in the dark way of helping me to lose a little bit of weight without doing anything drastic. I always struggled with my weight more than anyone else. It was a little bit of genes mixed in with just not liking to exercise as much as everyone else. I think a lot of that came from the fact that I would break out in hives almost every time I would exercise or start sweating from about 6th grade to about 11th grade. It was so uncomfortable with the itching and embarrassing to be all red and blotchy and itchy that I just avoided exercise completely for a while.
We always had kind of a tradition of coming home from church on Sundays and the kids would cook dinner while mom and dad had a chance to chill out for a little bit while everything was being prepared. After dinner, the two kids that were on kitchen duty were left to clean up the mess and then we all had "quiet time." This was either reading a book, taking a nap, or playing a game with someone else. No matter what, we had to make sure to let mom and dad have a little bit of time to themselves on Sunday afternoons. After out Sunday naps we would all get together and pop some popcorn and a little while after we ate popcorn we would eat ice cream. Really healthy, I know, but it was what we did and we loved it.
Dad and I both really love ice cream. I'm sure everyone else does too, but we decided to make a bet to see who could go the longest without eating ice cream. Looking back, I don't know how I could have lost, but I did. We were allowed to eat frozen yogurt, just not ice cream. I can't remember how long it lasted but I remember being the one to break it. I was out with Sarah and Danielle and we went to DQ in Kalispell. I remember thinking about the bet, but a blizzard sounded too good to pass up for a Mr. Misty so I lost. I wish I remember what the bet was or what I lost, but it must not have been too much other than my pride at being the loser.
I could do that bet again especially if we could eat frozen yogurt. I actually like frozen yogurt better now. :)
Lindsey
No comments:
Post a Comment