Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Myst

I don't remember how old we were then we got the computer game Myst, but I remember being immediately excited and interested in the game. We hadn't really played any kind of computer or video games really up until this point, except at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and I think I was lucky because Myst pulled Dad in as well.  It was a fun game that didn't tell you much of anything and you just explored the world and wrote down clues as you went. Dad and I would stay up for hours and hours some nights, adding to our notebook and unlocking new clues. I remember it being 2:00 in the morning sometimes when mom would wake up and say, "what are you guys doing still up?" I think that probably only happened one or two times, but it was easy to spend a couple hours at a time playing that game. We never got to the point where we unlocked everything in the game. I have thought about it several times over the years, but now we don't have a computer that it will work on. It is a fun memory I have of Riverside Road.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment