Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mom's Birthday

Now I don't remember exactly if it was Mom's birthday or if it was Mother's Day, but I guess in the long run it doesn't matter. Both are just as important.

So lets say it was Mother's Day. We had woken up like always, gone to church, eaten dinner, and so on. I am not sure why we completely ignored that it was a special day for Mom, but none of the kids did anything to make her feel appreciated or special.

I remember Dad calling us into the living room for a talk-without Mom there. He then asked each of us what day it was and why it was important. Then he asked if we had done anything special for Mom? I think all of us thought up excuses in our heads, but knew that anything we said would just make the situation worse.

I remember we all felt so guilty. I think we tried to make it up to her by making cards and small gifts, but how do you really make the day special when someone has to tell you to?

I hope Mom doesn't remember this day, but if you do, I am sorry we didn't do anything. I think it taught us all a lesson to appreciate you more.

*Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment