I think Lauren and I were freshman or sophomores in high school. Mom and Dad were out of town on a trip with some of their friends. First of all, Lauren and I had made plans to meet up with Andrew and Antonio Montoya. They were some of our friends from junior high who had moved away. We hadn't seen them for a few years and heard they were in town. I think we connected with them on the phone once or twice, and we had made plans to meet at Woody's. Lauren and I were really excited and got ready and headed out. We waited at Woody's for what felt like forever. By the time we left and went home, we were so mad and we were both in tears. They hadn't shown up and I don't think we even ever heard from them again.
We had no idea what to do with our night, and were so disappointed to spent our Friday night alone at the house.
Ben and Bryan dropped by a while later. I don't know what their original plans for the night were, but I think they saw we were upset, and they decided that we could join them. I remember feeling pretty cool riding with them in Bryan's big truck. We all went and saw "A Walk to Remember" at the movie theaters. We then went and bought starbursts, and headed to the airport to pick up Mom and Dad when they got home from their trip. We sat with Ben and Bryan and played poker in the airport for hours until they arrived.
I will never forget this night. I meant so much to me. I think in the end, we were so happy that we had been stood up because we got to enjoy a great night with our brother and his best friend. Who were both much cooler than the losers we were originally going to hang out with.
*Lesley
No comments:
Post a Comment