Saturday, July 14, 2012

Most Memorable Teacher Mishaps

Second Grade.  Mr. Duffy.  He. was. so. mad.  I cannot remember exactly why.  I think as a class we had been bad or something.  we all had to sit in our chairs and no say a word.  He meant it.  WE should not say a word.  Then he proceeded to take a marker form the marker board and write our assignment.  Someone said, Mr. Duffy?  They were hushed into silence.  Then he proceeded to use a permanent marker on the board as we all watched, terrified.  It only took him a few seconds to realize it but the damage was done.  That permanent marker stayed up there for weeks.

Kindergarden.  Mrs. Hewitt.  It was someone's birthday, I think Laura's.  She brought chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting.  The cupcakes we sitting on the table in our classroom (which doubled as a library.)  Mrs. Hewitt had to run to the office to take a call, since she was also the principal.  I don't know what got into us but we took those cupcakes, smeared them all over our faces, the tables and the wall.  I will always remember her face when she came back in.  Shocked.  I don't remember if Lesley or I were a part of it exactly, but I remember seeing the damage and seeing her expression.

I really feel for these teachers after being one myself now.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment