We had a great sandbox growing up, back behind the garage. I think we played with it for quite a while, until we finally outgrew it. I remember we would start making meals, and we would run back and forth from the house sneaking a kitchen cup or some silverware or knifes so that we could serve our meals. I also remember that we often left these things outside. Mom would find her nice silverware or our kitchen glasses out in the yard, and we would feel so bad. I even think some got thrown away at times- I don't know if we thought they were too dirty to clean, or if we were trying to hide them from Mom to avoid getting in trouble.
One day, I remember Lindsey and April Dryden were over at the house playing. Lauren and I (and maybe Ben, but I think he was probably playing with Tyler), decided to make a beautiful sand cake. We then invited Lindsey and April out for a piece of cake. We had cut some nice slices of wet sand cake and placed them on plates with forks. We then served them their dessert.
Well, we all thought we were having fun and pretending, until April took the biggest bite of Sand Cake ever. I don't know what she was thinking, but she must have thought it really was cake! At first I think we all thought she was playing along, and really getting into the game, but then we realized that she really didn't mean to. I remember feeling bad because we hadn't even really meant to play a trick on her.
I am sure we all also remember April pulling us each aside and asking, "Are we still friends?" multiple times. We thought she was so funny.
*Lesley
No comments:
Post a Comment