Friday, April 27, 2012
Cubbyholes
There were multiple cubbyholes at our house. One was upstairs. It housed our dress up clothes and odds and ends. You would go up the stairs and there was a small room and then you would turn the corner and on the right was the spot. It didn't have a door and only really had a sheet hanging down. There was also no light. I mainly remember dressin up here or playing with stuffed animals. The other cubbyhole upstairs was rift next to the stairs. As you were walking up the stairs to the right there was just a small flat little room almost. I don't think anyone would have something like this in their house now because it was pretty dangerous if you were a little kid. You could only get to it really by getting to the top of the stairs and then walking on it. It was really small but really fun too. I remember playing dont touch the ground and running on it so fast to get to the stair railing.
Another cubbyhole was in the room that was Lesley and mine when we were little and Ben's later on. It was above the deep closet and it held blankets and old baby clothes. Dad always wondered why mom kept those things all those years but we love having those little reminders of our childhood. Sometimes we would climb up in this cubbyhole and throw all the blankets out. It was almost like having a tree house in your house!
Underneath this cubbyhole was a big closet. On the left there was a little door. Ben will remember it well because he would sneak food right through it. This cubbyhole or door led right into the pantry. I am sure we all grabbed some chocolate chips at least once from here. It made getting treats without anyone knowing really handy!
I wish I had that many cubbyholes in my house!
*Lauren*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment