Lindsey was and probably still is the best horse rider in our family. She would get on Lady and rid her around the pasture, then we would let her out and Lindsey would take her to the field next door and she would run Lady. AND I MEAN RUN! She went so fast sometimes I was afraid she would fall off. When I rode behind Lindsey I would always tell her I just wanted a nice slow ride and to just have Lady walk. Lindsey would walk Lady for awhile and then say, "Just a little faster." I remember thinking, "Sure, I can handle a little faster." Then she would take Lady a little faster. This kept happening until Lady was running. Lindsey would say she was just galloping, but it would scare me and I remember yelling, "Stop! She's running too fast! We're going to fall off!" Lindsey would reassure me we weren't going to fall off, but then we would eventually walk Lady home.
I do remember Lindsey falling off one time. Maybe it was the only time she really did. She had Lady over by the gray barn and was just about to take her out on the road. Something must have spooked Lady because she just took off like a rocket. I remember watching Lindsey practically fly in the air and flip onto the ground. She was so tough though, cause as we were running to her she was getting back up and then within a few minutes getting back on that horse.
We had so much fun having a horse and all riding her. She loved carrots and apples.
Lauren
We had so much fun having a horse and all riding her. She loved carrots and apples.
Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment