Friday, November 9, 2012

Birthday Cake

One summer I had Risa and Courtenay over for my birthday and we were going to decorate a cake. We had already baked the cake and Mom sent me in with my friends to make the frosting while she stayed and finished something up outside. I remember going outside and asking her how much milk to put in the frosting. She wouldn't tell me how much she just said "a little" and that I knew how to do it. Obviously I didn't know how to do it because I put a cup of milk into the frosting. For some reason I was thinking a cup wasn't very much. I don't know. The frosting was so runny almost like milk. I remember trying to pour powdered sugar into it and it just wasn't getting thicker. Finally mom came in and we had to pour most of it into the garbage and kind of start over. She wasn't very happy that I had wasted so much milk and powdered sugar. I wouldn't be either.
We ended up decorating the cake with a bunch of candy and it really looked like a mess, but we had fun decorating and playing together.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment