Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dishwasher

Cleaning is never my favorite thing to do.  And often cleaning the kitchen is my least favorite activity.  Why?  Because I have to do it everyday...and sometimes multiple times a day.

Well, in the kitchen growing up, we had a dishwasher.  You would never see a dishwasher like this anymore.  It looked like a regular dishwasher.  It fit into the counter. You loaded it normal.  But once it was full...you had to heave the dishwasher out from the counter, push it over till it was in front of the sink, then, hook it up to the water in the sink (I am sure Mom was the only one that really ever got to hook it up).  Then you would have to turn on the water in the sink to start the washer.  I am sure all this was a pain in the neck.  All I remember is watching Mom do this.

When we remodeled the kitchen, mom got a new dishwasher.  I remember her being so excited, saying, "Look!  Now I can use the sink WHILE the dishwasher is running.  I can get water for mopping.  I can clean the counters, etc."  She was so excited.  Back then I thought mom was crazy for being so excited about such a silly thing.  

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment