Ben use to sell popcorn for Boy Scouts. Mom and Dad would only let us ride our bikes to the neighbors we knew and the ones they thought might be interested. One day, Ben was set to ride out to Ranchetts bring the Staffords their order of popcorn. Lesley and I said that we would ride along.
It was a very very windy day. I remember we were laughing and shouting, talking about who knows what. When we finally got back home, we saw a car leaving our driveway. We went into the house and Mom said that a neighbor that lived in Ranchetts was very mad at us because we were yelling at his dogs and making them bark and try to get out. I remember being shocked. We had stopped one time and pet a fluffy white dog but that was it!
We told mom it had been very windy and we felt like we had to shout to hear each other but we were just riding and never did anything like that. She told us she completely believed us. Then she asked if we would go and apologize to the neighbor just to cover the bases and make sure everyone felt ok about the situation.
I remember saying sorry and he actually seemed pretty nice, so maybe he was just having a bad day .
Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment