Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chicken Pox

I got the chicken pox first.  I was in the first grade (I think).  I remember feeling a little sick the night ebfore and going to bed early.  When I woke up the next morning, I had a lot all over me.  Mom and Dad had to let me stay home from school.

I know it's silly but I felt so special getting the chicken pox first.  Grammy brought some balloons and a present that Dad brought home early from work that Dad.  Then, Mom, Dad and I drove down to the river and went fishing.  This is the only time I really remember fishing at the river.  We caught a fish and I must have been so excited that e kept it.  I remember bringing that fish home and putting it in the freezer.  A few months later I remember Mom getting out the fish and asking me if it was ok if she threw it away.  I must have meant A LOT to me.

The worst part is that Mom and Dad only wanted to go through the chicken pox once, for a short period of time.  So...they had me breath all over Lindsey, Ben and Lesley.  Sorry, but I must have breathed harder on Lindsey and Ben because they got the chicken pox BAD!  Lesley probably had like 5 total pox.

Lindsey, Ben and Lesley had the chicken pox on Lesley and my birthday so Lesley and I could only invite friends to sleep over that had already had the chicken pox.

Can you believe our kids will never get the chicken pox?  The wonders of modern medicine.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment