Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chewing Gum

Chewing gum in class or at Creston school usually meant trouble. You weren't allowed to have gum except at recess, special occassions-like a class party or Valentine's Day or things like that. Well, for some reason, I had brought gum to school one day and had just put in a fresh piece on my way to gym class with our teacher Mr. Elliott. I think we started the class by running a few laps around the gym, and then he had us all line up single file to play a game. I remember I was in the front, or near the front, and obviously not being sneaky about having gum in my mouth. Mr. Elliott came up to me and asked me to go to the trash and spit out my gum. Embarrassed, I left the line and for some reason, instead of spitting out my gum, I only pretended to. When I returned, I headed to the end of the line, instead of the front of the line where I originally was.

Mr. Elliott looked at me and tried to get me to come back to my original spot. I mistook his signal, and thought he was pointing back to the trash for me to really spit out my gum. Instead of going to the front of the line, I went to the trash and spit out my gum. He caught on right away, I was unable to participate in the game, and I remember spending a good amount of gym time in tears trying to explain why I hadn't just listened to him to begin with.

*Lesley


No comments:

Post a Comment