Mom and Dad were on a trip and we were being watched by a babysitter names Chris. They were gone for about a week I would imagine and although we were good for the most part, its hard to be good for a whole week. I remember being really mad at Ben for some reason. It was probably something stupid like who had to unload the dishwasher or which of us got to the the White of Red Socks while we were playing baseball. Anyways, I was so mad I went into Mom and Dad's room and saw some tape sitting on their nice mahogany dresser. It was the clear present wrapping scotch tape. I took a large piece of tape off the roll and then stuck it on the dresser. I looked around for a writing utensil, found a pencil and proceeded to write, "Kick Me Hard" on the tape. That would show him! When I pealed up the tape I was horrified. There, in my handwriting was "Kick Me Hard" on the dresser.
I do remember we stopped fighting and Ben felt really bad for me. I remember confessing to the babysitter and then facing Mom and Dad. I think they didn't make a big deal about it because I had already beat myself up for quite a few days. I think they were also relieved that it wasn't something worse. My parents still have that dresser...and it still says "Kick Me Hard."
Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment