One time all four of us kids were walking to the U creek from the cabin. I remember Lesley and I each had stuffed animals. I had a white teddy bear with a red sweater on. We must have been going through a stuffed animal faze. Well, when we got to the creek and climbed down Lindsey and Ben were the experts on walking through the culverts. They could spread their legs wide enough so they wouldn't even get wet and they would go back and forth. Lesley and I were a little more hesitant and it was probably because we just weren't as big. Well, lindsey or Ben had finally convinced me to walk through it. It was a super hot summer day and being inside the culvert was so refreshing. As I tried to climb back out of it, I dropped Teddy. I immediately started crying and trying to get it. Ben yelled at me to stop or I would fall in. I remember being so upset, and still trying to crawl through the culvery. Ben hurried and climbed up the bank, rushed to the other side, and snatched the soaking wet bear as it came out the other side. As I wiped my tears He said, Only for you Lauren. And I told him I would never forget it...and I never have :)
Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment