Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tall Tale

I have told this story to Brian a million time to express the importance of seperate time with parents and how much a little girl loves to be with her Dad.

When we were younger Dad would give us each an opportunity go go on a Daddy Daughter Date or a Father Son Date for Ben's purpose.  Sometimes these would just entail going down for walks to the river just with Dad and talking.  Occasionally we would get to choose a date we could go on with Dad.

One time I got to go to a movie with Dad, I was about 10 years old.  I remember scanning the newspapers and getting to choose the movie we went to.  I remember there was a good selection and trying to choose one I thought my dad would like too.  I finally settled on the movie called Tall Tale.

I remember thinking the movie was amazing!  I loved it and never wanted the night to end.  When  Dad and I got back into the car I remember he asked me if I liked it.  To this day I can remember his face as I told him how much I liked it and how I thought it was the best movie I had ever seen.  I remember he said, "That was a really good movie."  I was pretty sure that Dad had like it too, but as the years went on I always wondered if it was as good as I remembered.

Sometimes I thought I had made up this memory because every movie store/library I went to never even listed the title.  I had never heard of anyone else who had ever seen it.  Whenever I mentioned it to someone they said they had never heard of the movie.

Well...on May 11th  I was down in the basement of Brian's parents house feeding Emily, and I turned to the BYU channel.  There on TV was Tall Tale, and it was just starting! And I will have to tell you, It was as good as I remembered it! After watching parts of it (I got too busy taking Bryn to the park to watch it all) and seeing the ending, I know now why I loved and still loved this movie....because it reminds me of my Dad.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment